Saturday 14 March 2015

Day 51 - Drommedaris & Ruyterwacht Girls

Before I continue this post, I'd just like to say sorry that this post is coming late. As you'll find out, after what happened on Friday, I came home exhausted and pretty much went straight to bed! So I do apologize. Here it is though.

So today we had a lie in, as we didn't have to be in the Learning Centre until 1:30. However, I managed to wake up earlier than I'd hoped, and couldn't get back to sleep which was a nightmare. Oh well. We had a chilled out morning so it made up for the unnecessarily early start. We grabbed some lunch and headed off for the Learning Centre.

We got there, went for a quick walk with Azille to a portable library where she dropped some books back then headed back to upload pictures from Joes memory stick to their OneDrive account and help people that needed it.

Joe met us at 4, and we took a group of Ruyterwacht girls (plus Jaden) to Atlantic FC, where we met the Drommedaris girls team and got training underway. Martin took the Drommedaris girls, I took the Ruyterwacht girls. They were scheduled to play a friendly so we only had 30 minutes to train them, which didn't give me enough time to get my team ready in my opinion, but at half 5 we kicked off. Drommedaris vs Ruyterwacht.
Safe to say, Ruyterwacht lost. 4-1 to be exact. Despite Jodi being our rock at the back, we couldn't handle the Drommedaris team, who to be fair, have improved so much since we first started coaching them, which is nice to see. One of their players, Thakira (not sure how to spell it), is incredible. She's definitely the star of their team, and scored a quality hat trick to beat us. Jaden, Drommedaris' guest player, got the 4th!

After that we headed back to the Africa household. We planned to go to Grandwest with Jaden, as we haven't actually taken him out yet, but Yonick and Jodi wanted to watch Focus. So Martin went with them to watch the film while I took Jaden round the arcade, playing games and winning tickets to get Jaden a prize. I only spent R60 there, which is like £3, and we were playing for a good 2 hours. I was exhausted at the end of it. He's a very excitable 8 year old, and his eyes lit up when he saw the games, which was sweet.
After playing on the games for a couple of hours, and Jaden managing to get some bubbles with the tickets he won, we got some food, met Yonick, Jodi and Martin and went to head off. Yonick decided to go watch another film, so we left him at Grandwest and headed home.

When we got back I was exhausted, so I headed straight to bed, so sorry again for the late post.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments/feedback, leave it here! You can do it anonymously if you want to, but we'd prefer to know who's commenting so we can get back to you!