Sunday 8 March 2015

Day 45 - Communicare Action Soccer League

Before I continue with this blog, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who's reading it. I've just checked, no found out that I now have over 1000 views on my blog. I never thought it'd be so popular so thank you. Martin and I together have almost 2000 views now which is just incredible. So thank you everyone.

Today was the second round of the Communicare Action Soccer League fixtures. We arrived at about 11:30, but not many people were there so we ended up just having a kick about with a couple of other people.
Selwyn, one of the coaches at Atlantic, and one of our buddies out here, arrived, and told us that the Bothasig team hadn't turned up, and asked if we could put together a side to play the Drommedaris senior team, 2 of their players we'd coached at Atlantic, and were part of the under 19's there. So we grabbed the lads who we were having a kickabout with and played. It was a mess. We ended up losing 6-1, yours truly scoring our only goal. To be fair the other team were so much better than ours, and they deserved to win. Our team were woeful. Ahh well, it's just a friendly.

At around 1, Joe, Yonick and the Ruyterwacht team showed up. Densel had already arrived but we hadn't seen him until then. They got in their kit, and on the pitch ready to play. Half time, they were losing. I grabbed a Ruyterwacht shirt and asked Densel if I could come on. After checking with Joe to see if it was allowed, I eventually came on. Sadly I wasn't as formidable as first time around, and had my first game without scoring. Their keeper was insanely good though. So fair enough. We lost in the end, but I forget the score. Densel said we can go along to training if we wanted, which I'm quite keen on, to play with the lads and get some proper match time.

Yesterday, Conan called us asking if we could help him out by doing a coaching session at his wife's-boss's-kids school, as they were having an overnight camping on the field thing. We were up for it so we're happy to agree. After we got back today from the Soccer League, Conan came and picked us up. We got to the school, and the field, which was pretty large, was packed. They had music, loads of tents up, stalls, loads of stuff it looked quality! After being introduced to various people we took a group of lads to an open space and organised a match. Martin and I were going to make it count to our own little competition thing, but Martin was off the pitch for a while, helping a kid who got injured, then pretty much straight after I had to take a couple of lads to the side after there was a punch up. It was a nightmare, so we decided that this would be a "friendly".

After the match was over we got the group into a large circle and got them to show off their skills. Martin, unfortunately, decided to be an absolute mug and guilt trip me into doing a skill, which he did at the Reach For A Dream session a while ago. Luckily I had more luck than last time and did a couple of tricks without completely embarrassing myself. We pulled a few kids up to do some tricks, before calling it a day and packing everything up.

We grabbed some food, courtesy of Conan and Shelley (Conan's Wife), which was a really nice treat. They also gave us a chocolate bar each, which we were thankful for and headed home, via dropping Shelley off at her work friends house. Tired and dirty, we decided to end the night chilling out in front of the TV.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments/feedback, leave it here! You can do it anonymously if you want to, but we'd prefer to know who's commenting so we can get back to you!