Monday 6 April 2015

Day 75 - Souvenir Shopping at Waterfront

After a very busy weekend, we made sure that today was kept as a nice, chilled day off, with a little trip down to the Waterfront shopping centre to grab some souvenirs before flying home early next week.

After waking up, I decided it was finally time to treat Martin to my family dish of Tuna Fish Crunch, that I explained about in a previous post. So after having a bath and getting ready, I headed downstairs, spoke to Anna (one of the main chefs) who said I could use the kitchen. I grabbed the ingredients and got underway. It took a while as it was a kitchen made for making large amounts of food, not a meal for 2, so it took a little longer than I thought, but soon enough, it was done. Didn't look too great, but then again, Tuna Fish Crunch generally doesn't. It's all about the taste. Now, I love Tuna Fish Crunch, and I thought I did a pretty decent job, and it tasted nice. Martin seemed a bit hesitant, though. He said that there was so many different flavours in there which was the only real criticism, other than the appearance, but overall it was a decent dish. Happy days.

After eating, we walked down to the Waterfront, where we spent a few hours walking round the shops, getting various Africanny goods to take home. I managed to get all my souvenir shopping done, so I'm a happy bunny. Just need to find a way to pack it all in my suitcase, now. Shouldn't be too hard, though.

After finishing our shopping trip, we headed on home. Again, walking back. As it was a bank holiday, we couldn't be bothered to deal with the hassle that the buses out here will cause. It wasn't too far a walk either, and it was a nice day too, which made it even more appealing.

After getting back we ended the evening just chilling out, watching Man City crumble against Palace, and leave us in 2nd in the league! Happy days again!

Midway through the evening, Joe called up saying that he managed to get our car working. He drove it here, and Martin drove him home to try and help recharge the battery. Apparently so far so good. That saves us getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, which is nice. So thank you so much Joe!

Tomorrow back to work, with another Easter activity day, this time with the Bothasig complex. Should be good!

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments/feedback, leave it here! You can do it anonymously if you want to, but we'd prefer to know who's commenting so we can get back to you!