Monday 2 March 2015

Day 39 - Jason Mraz!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. When Martin and I got back from Jason Mraz, the wifi at Berghof was just unbelievably awful, so I thought it'd be best to just post this morning.

Today was the day! Finally getting to see Jason Mraz. I'd been wanting to go to one of his shows for ages, but never had the time or money. Finally I managed to get tickets. Out here in Cape Town of all places.

The day started off with a nice lie in, sleeping in to about 10. After going downstairs and using the wifi for various things, we had lunch with all the residents in the dining room. Roast Gammon. The gammon was nice, but they put some weird mustard sauce on it which tasted gross. Plus the vegetables was this spinach in cream thing that they seem to love cooking, which is also gross. So I just had the gammon and potatoes for lunch. Not much but oh well.

We had 3 big games on today, so the day was spent watching the football. Liverpool-Man City to start, which was a quality game that ended 2-1 Liverpool. Arsenal-Everton next, which wasn't as quality a game, but I was happy with a 2-0 win. We left to go to Grandwest for Jason Mraz before the Chelsea game started, but was happy to see that Spurs have been put back in their place, losing 2-0.

We agreed with Joe that we could drive the car to his house, and walk from his to Grandwest, which saved us a crazy long journey by train. So we drove there, said hello to the family, and headed off to Grandwest, which was only a 5 minute walk away.
We got there a bit early, so we got a quick dinner. I opted for the corn dog and chips, while Martin just had chips. We ate this while watching the last of the Chelsea game, before having our tickets scanned and heading into the arena.

The arena was amazing. It wasn't too big, or too small, and it seemed like that wherever you sat, you got a great view of the stage. Martin and I were sat in the upper tier, as it was the cheapest, but still managed a quality view, which I was happy with.

Then on came Jason Mraz, along with his opening act, and the group that he'd been working closely with for almost 10 years, Raining Jane. I hadn't heard much of Raining Jane before that night, but I thought they were amazing. They play similar sort of stuff to Jason Mraz, which is my kind of music, so I'm hopefully going to download some of their stuff today.
As Raining Jane collaborated with Jason Mraz on his new album, Yes!, they stayed on for pretty much the whole set, playing with Jason Mraz. It was incredible. I absolutely loved it, it was amazing. Even a couple of the songs I wasn't that big a fan of from the album sounded incredible live. He's an amazing performer, and was quite funny, too. I'd definitely recommend seeing him to anyone who's a fan of music, even if you're not Jason Mraz's biggest fan, because he's just amazing live.

Before too long, the show was over, and we headed home. Joe was kind enough to pick us up from Grandwest, so we didn't have to walk back to his, which we were thankful for. We managed to get home at just gone 11, but the wifi was so poor that I went to bed not long after we got home.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments/feedback, leave it here! You can do it anonymously if you want to, but we'd prefer to know who's commenting so we can get back to you!