Friday 20 February 2015

Day 30 - Waterfront 5's 3.0

Day 30 here in Cape Town, and it was a pretty quiet day, it has to be said. Our only scheduled activity for the day was our last ever session down at Waterfront 5's at 3. Other than that, nothing. Which I found a relaxing thought.

Enjoyed a nice lie in, until 9, when I got a knocking on my door from Martin telling me the cleaner was here to clean our rooms. Turns out I'd missed Martin knock about an our and a half earlier with teas that the receptionist was kind enough to make for us. So as I got to it, my tea was freezing cold. Shame.

As we had the whole morning off, we went for a morning run. 2 laps of the local park then a run to the supermarket, which was around the same distance as a third lap. I was surprised in myself that I wasn't even tired. Will have to try 4 laps tomorrow. Martin and I are almost completely used to South African weather now, and anything below 20degrees feels freezing cold. I'm going to be terrible when I come back to England!

Picked up some fruit juice from the supermarket, then headed home to get washed and dressed for the session. We had plenty of time to kill before we had to leave so we just dossed about in the apartment and downstairs, which was pretty chilled.

At around 2:30, we left, and managed to get down to the Waterfront by 3. The kids started turning up and we got straight in to start the session. We were going to do a passing and moving session with the players in the circle, and they're passing balls to eachother, then following their pass. But these kids were a nightmare! I know they were Afrikaans and didn't speak much English, but they didn't seem to even try to do what we asked. They ended up kicking balls at eachother, messing around, and not doing anything we actually asked them to do. It was horrible. In my opinion they were the joint worst bunch of kids we've coached out here, along with the De Waveren lot from Wednesday. To make matters worse, Aaron didn't even get us a delicious Gatsby for afterwards! The whole day was a disaster. Hungry and annoyed, we left Waterfront, glad to not have to go back there again.

Thankfully, the food back at Berghof was quite nice. Chicken pasty with crisps. Beautiful. 

As I said there wasn't much to say today. We have the opening of the Ruyterwacht Circle tomorrow though, where a tournament is taking place, which should be fun. So hopefully tomorrow's blog will be a little bit better than today's!

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments/feedback, leave it here! You can do it anonymously if you want to, but we'd prefer to know who's commenting so we can get back to you!