Sunday 8 February 2015

Day 18 - Camps Bay Beach

Today was the day that I tested my skins resolve to the South African sun, and see if I could survive a day out in the open on Camps Bay Beach. Safe to say I DID survive as I'm writing this obviously but you know what I mean.

After having an amazing lie in, which we stayed in bed until 11, we headed down to grab some lunch, which we were treated to a decent beef roast. After that, Martin stayed downstairs to Skype his family, while I went upstairs to get washed and dressed. 20 minutes later, we were off.

We had a brief idea as to where we were going, but had a map just incase. I opted to don the flip-flops, Hawaiian swimming trunks and top combo, where as Martin chose a more casual look. 
We decided to walk to the top of Kloof street, which is where we could get a bus from, but as we left fairly early we walked up along the bus route until a bus was expected fairly soon, which saved us a bit of money, but my feet killed after wearing the flip flops to walk so far.

After hopping on a bus we arrived at Camps Bay. What a sight. The sand was really soft to walk on, the sun was shining down, the water was glistening. It was beautiful. We picked our spot about halfway along the beach and set ourselves down. Martin was a clever clogs and forgot his towel so he had to lay down on bare sand. It also meant we weren't going in the sea, as I was certainly not going in on my own. Shame. Maybe next time.

After a couple of ours of just pure relaxing, we got a bit thirsty so decided to pack up and find somewhere to grab a drink. There were a couple of nice bars but as we were covered in sand and sweaty from the heat, we felt a bit out of place, so opted for a little cafe a short walk away, where we just chilled out for a bit, admiring the view.

Martin was told that a good place to get some food is Ocean Basket, which serve all kinds of seafood. So after our drink at the cafe we headed there. We were seated upstairs, which gave us a good view over the beach. We both chose to go for a classic Fish and Chips, but I was feeling a bit peckish so I got some sushi to go with it. Very tasty. Couldn't finish it all though. I'm starting to get worried that my appetite is shrinking, as I couldn't finish the ribs I had at Da Vinci's the other day, and couldn't finish the  sushi today. I did, however, have a little bit of room left over for some sticky toffee pudding. Which was well worth the bloated feeling as it was gorgeous!

After finishing up and grabbing the bill, we headed home, where I realised that after going 17 days without defeat to sunburn, I have been hit in the lower back region. Nightmare. I focused so much on my shoulders, which are the usual victims. That I forgot about the lower back. Oh well, it doesn't hurt too bad which is okay, I'm still counting it as a victory, so 18 days undefeated! Wayhayy.

Tonight's plan is to sit in and watch the African Cup Of Nations final, between Ivory Coast and Ghana, I'm hoping for a Ivory Coast win myself.

Tomorrow we're in early at 9 at the Learning Centre, so I'm hoping for an early night. Not sure what we're doing tomorrow though, I guess we'll find out then!

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments/feedback, leave it here! You can do it anonymously if you want to, but we'd prefer to know who's commenting so we can get back to you!