Saturday 7 February 2015

Day 17 - North London Derby

Again, another day filled with so much hope, but returned so little.

After getting up and leaving the apartment, along with a fast asleep Martin, at around 7:30, I got to Joes house at around 8:15, anticipating them all to be ready to head off to Yonicks football match. Nope, all still in their pyjamas. Apparently there was a problem with Yonicks registration for the club so he couldn't play today. So the early wake up seemed a bit of a missed chance. Oh well, Joe and I took a walk down to the hardware store, where Joe picked up a few bits to do some odd jobs around the house with. He also bought me this thing that they call a 'CookSister'. Which is a bit like a doughnut, but instead of covering the dough in sugar, they cover it in coconut shreddings. Wow. It was amazing. It was crazy hot to hold but it was so warm and soft to eat, it was delicious. It started to make the early wake up less of a lost cause. After heading back to Joes, and him getting changed, Joe decided to take me down to his local church, where they were having band practice. It was nice to meet everyone, and see what it was like, but if I'm honest it wasn't really my cup of tea, sorry Joe.

After that, we back again to Joes, where I grabbed Yonick, and we drove back to our apartment to get Martin. We decided to walk to the Waterfront, as it was a nice day and was only an hours walk. Plus we couldn't be bothered to face South African public transport, which we have quickly grown to despise. After getting to the Waterfront, we stopped for a quick McDonalds lunch, before heading to Vodacom so I could get a sim for my phone, and finally onto a pub around the corner, which was showing the Arsenal-Tottenham game.

No words. We. Were. Woeful. From start to finish it was just terrible. We kept giving the ball back to them as soon as we won it. Every single player put in a terrible shift. It was disgusting to watch. Credit where it's due, though. As much as I hate to say it Tottenham really did deserve the win. It's the worst I've seen us play this season. Summed up my last 2 days, really.

After walking back to the apartment, and receiving many a taunt from Yonick (who's a Man Utd fan), we went back to Joes, where we picked up Jodi, and headed to the cinema to see the Kingsman.

What a film. Was definitely the highlight of my day, and I'd even go as far as to say it made up for the way Arsenal played earlier. It was brilliant. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone. Top film. What makes it even better was that tickets worked out to be around £2.50 each, which was a bargain! What an end to a woeful day.

We have our second day off tomorrow, and we're planning on heading down to Camps Bay beach to see if it's really as nice as everyone says it is. It'll be a chance for me to test myself against the sun, and try and continue my 16 day undefeated streak against sunburn. I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments/feedback, leave it here! You can do it anonymously if you want to, but we'd prefer to know who's commenting so we can get back to you!