Saturday 21 March 2015

Day 59 - Communicare Action Soccer League

The less said about today the better. We had a shocker. It was another chance for us to get a win for Ruyterwacht, but it was a hopeless effort.

The day started off very badly. When going to bed last night, I was fairly tired, as it was a late one, so i wanted to get into bed and asleep ASAP. Martin and I have one key for the 2 of us, as there's no need for 2 as we're together pretty much all the time. So I took the key, and headed up stairs, got in, put the key in the door, brushed my teeth and got into bed.
3am, I woke up and was busting for a wee, so I headed for the toilet. Half asleep, walked past Martins room and into the loo. On the walk back to my room, I found it odd how his door was open, as we close our doors when we're sleeping. Had a quick peek inside, and I couldn't see him. Looked beside his bed incase he'd fallen off it, not there either. He couldn't be in the toilet because I was just there, and would've seen him. He must've fallen asleep downstairs.
I decided to go get him, as the chairs are proper uncomfortable, and I was sure he would've much rather sleep in bed than get a dodgy neck from sleeping down there.
Got to the door. It was locked. Oh no. Please no. During my sleepy state last night, I'd managed to lock the door, meaning he had no way of getting in. Decided to go downstairs to grab him. It was too dark, I couldn't find him anywhere. So I headed back up. I left the door unlocked so that if he woke up, he could get back him, and I went back to sleep.

Woke up at 9ish, and heard footsteps outside my door. It was Martin. Assuming he wouldn't be in the best of moods after my mess up, I decided best to avoid him for a lil bit. So I stayed in bed and watched a bit of a Harry Potter movie, until I plucked up the courage to face the man who I had locked out. An hour later, I managed to do it.

His face. As soon as we caught eye contact I feared for my life. The man looked evil. Thankfully he laughed it off, and I avoided a potential beating. We got ready to head to Brooklyn for our game against Woodstock B, the B team of the team we played last week.

Joe messaged us just before we left saying they had transport problems, and asked if we could pick up some of the boys. We agreed and headed off.

Long story short, we lost about 12-3. For starters, we got there about 5 minutes late, and Woodstock B were clever enough to organise a friendly, which started literally as soon as we arrived. So when we played them, they mixed in their A team too, who were far better than the B's. Secondly, Martin and I were the only senior players on our team. The rest of the players were members of the Junior team who had been called up for numbers sake, as the senior players were focused on exams which were happening next week.

I scored 2, and Martin assisted the 3rd. The rest of the game was just a disaster. Terrible. That's all I have to say.

We headed back, and watched the Arsenal game, which ended 2-1. Unbelievably nervewracking though, and I was worried we'd lose our lead after how we started in the second half. Thankfully we held on though, and got another vital 3 points.

We then headed to Mixas, where Martin wanted to watch the six nations game. England needed to win against France by 26 to win the six nations. They were so close, and were 1 try off winning, but missed out by 6 points. Meaning Ireland won.

Shark cage diving tomorrow, absolutely pumped. Keep posted to find out how it goes!

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments/feedback, leave it here! You can do it anonymously if you want to, but we'd prefer to know who's commenting so we can get back to you!